Monday 15 July 2013

Cherry Blossom & Birds all in a Geisha Mist

Following on from my last post. This is one of the other fabrics I found at Terrys Fabrics and Suzie Newton  in colour Mist, I love the look of the birds, blossom and bird cages and in these muted shades talks to me of Country Chic with Japanese elegance can almost hear the sound of bubbling water in a koi carp fish pool.

I wanted  to enhance the images by adding a machine embroidered design made up of cherry blossom with that hint of pink, a tiny bird with tones of blue and aqua, not forgetting the charcoal cage. Edged with cream lace scallop design and vintage lace, had the image and decided to make a boudoir sized cushion cover and a tote bag. The cushion and tote bag along with a book for summer days out under the trees dozing and watching the village cricket team. Nothing like the sound of a ball on willow with the wind rustling the leaves in the trees.



Off to discover some more fabric and hopefully to create something wonderful.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.