Sunday 1 February 2015

Second order of the year

Two orders in 1 week, the first the aprons shown on my last blog. Then an order from an old school friend (more years ago than I care to remember) for a Birthday card for a lady turned 105, how great is that. Plus a 30th wedding anniversary card and some change of address cards. The spec? Romany and Austria. I love to interpret what a customer is looking for, hopefully making a card or gift that cannot be found in any shop.

A Romany caravan with vintage wallpaper, straw hat with a teapot of flowers. Window embellished with cluney lace and opens to another Romany caravan parked up in a field.


Memory board effect with photos of Austria and a map. A beautiful country, have been myself to Kitzbuhel, St Anton, Vienna, Salzburg and Innsbruck to name a few. From the fabulous  Hahnenkamm to Villa Trapp and Zell am See. Well worth a visit.


Have been working hard on Birthday and Christmas gifts and cards for 2015, however my embroidery machine has decided it no longer wants to read the USB sticks, consequently I have ground to a halt. Emailed Janome and hope I hear some good news tomorrow. Depressed now and feel like throwing my rattle out of the pram. Funny had been thinking of making myself some clothes perhaps now may be the time to stop myself climbing the walls.

On top of that our Sky box is playing up and will be replaced on Thursday, then the printer has decided not to play ball, another one ordered as quite old and done us well.

This blog is in conjunction with Handmade Monday and the lovely Vicky, do stop by the other blogs for a read of what everyone is up to.


Until next week

Chief Helper when Mum is stressed


13 comments:

  1. Your cards a beautiful, i love the way you've interpreted the customer's requests, they will be really thrilled with them i'm sure :)

    I hope your technological harmony is restored soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, I particularly love the top one with the flowers in the teapot. I'm sure the recipients were absolutely delighted. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Caroline, so many gorgeous details. I'm also loving the new blog background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cards you created. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when I get an order from an old school friend, how lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why is it that once one appliance goes another one always give up the ghost in sympathy? Typical! At least neither stop you from making beautiful cards like these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing cards I love how incredibly unique they look.
    oh dear, technology is one thing that makes me have a paddy when it goes wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those cards and all the intricate details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are real works of art and I'm sure the recipients will be very pleased to receive them. It's always the way, if one thing goes wrong it seems to have a snowball effect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card. You've really have captured the brief.

    Hope your sewing machine is on the mend real soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated handmade Monday. *blushes* I'm now away to google what an embroidery machine is! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. personalised makes can be difficult to interpret but you've captured this one perfectly.
    I hate having equipment problems, I'm struggling with a dying computer at the moment and it's a bit hit and miss whether it wants to play or not. Hope you get your machine sorted soon :)
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. they are amazing cards- what detail and can see how much effort has gone into them brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.